Sunday, November 24, 2013

Baseball


This spring Grins played baseball for the first time.  At his age, he was slated for T-ball, but really wanted to baseball, so he was able to 'try out' and he made the team!  I had the very fun and rewarding opportunity to coach his team, which was SO much fun!!!  Here they are, at the start of the season, lined up for pictures:

Look at that handsome little slugger!

First game lineup!

Playing first base

Up to bat:

I know I'm biased, but my Grins has a great pitching arm!  He was one of very few boys his age in the league who could pitch.  Hey, it's my blog, I can brag about my kids here! :)

He winds up....

Lines it up....

And pitches!  Strike 1!

He's also quite the hitter, if I do say so myself!



It sometimes got a bit exciting trying to coordinate coaching Grins' team, get Angel to her practices and games (I had to miss a couple of her since I was coaching Grins' games at the same time!), and make sure Wiggles wasn't running around the field or catching a ball in the face!  I can't even begin to imagine how we will manage next year if Wiggles wants to do T-ball - yikes!  But these guys were troopers, and we had a great season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment