Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Nutcracker Ballet

This year, the children and I were blessed to be able to attend the Nutcracker Ballet.  Although I went with my grandmother as a child, this was my first time as an adult, and it did not disappoint!  Angel and Grins both went when they were in Kindergarten, but it was Wiggles' first time, and a special treat to be able to all go together!  One of the special perks of homeschooling: the school children were scheduled to attend as a field trip, but school was cancelled due to snow and ice, so they missed their field trip....but we were still able to go!  Hooray!

It was SO cold and icy outside that we didn't have a chance to take any pictures outside the theatre.  And there is no photography of the actual performance allowed, so I just snapped a couple of photos while we waited in the foyer.

This lovely photo of my children was photo-bombed by another child, but it's the only picture in which Grins was smiling, so I had to keep it! :)


Wiggles insisted on wearing her green mask right up until the performance began, stating she was the "Green Ninja".  Angel brought her doll Izzy along, of course - complete with their matching dresses. :)

We were VERY fortunate and scored front-row seats!  (Not bad for $5 a seat, eh?)

Angel was thrilled that we met up with one of her friends, and they even got to sit together!

My handsome date.

The Green Ninja at my side.
 
Aha! She finally removes her hat, just as the performance begins! :)

It was a stunning performance, and we all enjoyed it immensely!  What a special privilege; one which I hope will become an annual tradition! :)

1 comment: