Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mommy's Birthday

It's been several months since my birthday, but it was so precious that I have to record it so I will remember it forever!

For my birthday, each child decided (completely on their own!!!) what they would like to make me / give me for my birthday.  Their creativity and independence was impressive! :)

First, Wiggles knew I like scarves, so she decided to 'make' me a scarf to wear.  With Angel's help, they raided my fabric stash, found a cute piece of cloth, cut it into strips, and hand stitched them together into a scar for me.  It was adorable!!!

Then, Angel came up with the clever idea to craft some puppets and put on a puppet show for me.  She collected all of the materials on her own, and I was so impressed with her finished product!


Next, Grins surprised me with the performance of a primary song in ASL.  This meant so much to me because he does NOT enjoy learning sign language, but knows I think it is beautiful and enjoy watching it.  Truly a thoughtful gift from the heart!


Finally, the children and the Mr. all pampered me with what has now become a tradition: "Mommy Spa".  They apply an oatmeal-avocado mask on my face, cucumbers on my eyes, and then spoil me with manicures and pedicures, complete with massages and fragrant lotions.  It is better than any spa I've ever been to!!!  (My view during the heavenly foot massage:)


My children (and husband) are so generous, inventive, thoughtful and dear.  I love them with all of my heart, and feel so deeply blessed to have them in my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment