Sunday, March 9, 2014

Mommy's Birthday

I want to remember this birthday forever because of the precious gifts the kids gave to me!  As budgets have been tight and space has been sparse, I have been encouraging home made gifts for awhile - but to me, even more than saving our budget is how thoughtful homemade gifts can be.  It was SO special to see my children come up with their own ideas for a thoughtful, 'homemade' gift they thought I would enjoy.  That was the best gift in itself!

Angel, completely on her own, decided to create and perform a puppet show.  She created the theater and even came up with the spoon puppets all on her own!  I had no idea what she was doing....she kept asking me for supplies like my hot glue gun, yarn, etc, but I had no idea what she was up to and was surprised with the incredibly creative finished product!  The puppet with the hat is me; the other is her.

Grins' gift actually brought tears to my eyes!!!  In home school, we are working on learning sign language.  My girls are really into it, but Grins does not enjoy it at all.  He usually puts up a fight
and it generally takes a LOT of persuasion to get him to participate.  So when he told me he had learned - and was going to perform (another thing he doesn't enjoy) a song in sign language - I recognized what a sacrifice he had made for me.  I think it was the most thoughtful gift I have ever received!!
The clip is SUPER short because he didn't want to be filmed, so I only got a split second, but it's something. :)
Wiggles made a little scarf for me since I am always cold. :) What a sweetie!  I was sure I had taken a picture but can't find it now. :(  But it was very sweet as well.  I am such a wonderfully blessed woman to have such precious children!!

1 comment:

  1. How creative! And the gifts mean so much, straight from the heart. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete