Sunday, January 6, 2013

Boston - Bunker Hill Monument

The Mr. had a couple of Fellowship interviews in Boston, so we decided to make a family trip out of it!  Since the Mr. had never been to Bunker Hill, the children and I decided to take him there!

Last time we went, the children walked up the 294 steps completely on their own - even Wiggles.  One woman was coming down while we were coming up, and rolled her eyes while commenting to her friend, "Um, I think this is a bit too hard for those kids - especially that little girl!"  Though she wasn't speaking to me, I said "Well, they've done it before when they were even younger.  And I think it's great exercise, don't you?!"  I get slightly annoyed when people comment on my parenting, or especially when they assume that children (or anyone) is not capable of something.
All 3 children made it to the top without a fuss - I think they had more energy at the top than I did! :)

The view from the top:




After enjoying the view (and a couple of deep breaths), we headed back down.  This time, Wiggles got a ride. :)

We LOVE being able to see so many neat historical sites!  We love New England!!

1 comment:

  1. While we were running errands today I was carrying Hava because she needed to pee and she couldn't walk and concentrate at the same time. An old lady asked if she was sick and I told her no. "Oh, just lazy", was her reply. Some people think they know everything about your kids at a glance.

    ReplyDelete