Sunday, May 5, 2013

Goose Egg - Wiggles is entertaining, as usual!

This past week, sadly, Wiggles got bumped on the forehead (by a door opening quickly in her face), resulting in a goose egg on her cute little forehead.  She later told me, "It doesn't hurt.  Well, actually, it only hurts if I touch it."  

I have been dealing with some pain in my sternum (due to my scoliosis) and have been trying to impress upon Wiggles' mind the importance of NOT head-butting me there.  So I took this as the perfect opportunity to teach her some empathy for how touching someone's 'sore spot' can hurt.  So the following conversation ensued:

Me: "Yes - when you touch it, it hurts.  So you don't want Mommy to touch it, do you?" 
Wiggles: "No!"
Me: "Just like when you touch Mommy's chest (meaning my sternum) it hurts.  That's why I don't want you to bang your head on my chest.  It's kind of like there's a goose-egg on my chest."
Wiggles: "No - there are TWO goose-eggs on YOUR chest!"


1 comment:

  1. Nice. It's what you get for asking a four year old questions where you are trying to be logical. :) Way to capture the moment :).

    ReplyDelete